June 21 – August 12, 2022
How to Participate:
Register for the program at the Library, over the phone, or ONLINE beginning June 21st. Children will complete activities to earn prizes. Each activity is worth one point and may be repeated as many times as they’d like.
The activities are:
- Read a book or magazine for 20 minutes
- Write a review or draw a picture about a book
- Read a TumbleBook
- Listen to a book: an audiobook CD, Playaway audio, Vox book or Wonderbook
- Attend a Library program
- Check out a Launchpad
- Design a bookmark (contest)
- Complete the weekly passive activity
- Check out a children’s puzzle or board game
- Complete the weekly I Spy table challenge
- In-Library I Spy or Vote in the “Sunken Sites” Tournament
- Read a board book*
- Sing a song with your grownup*
*These are extra activities for babies that are participating.
Please log your activities in the paper activity tracker OR online, not both. And remember, one action may count as multiple activity points. For example, if you attend a storytime where we read a book to you, that counts as 2 points!
Who can participate?
- Babies through kids going into grade 6 in September. Little ones can participate by having someone read to them.
- For every 7 points a child earns, they are eligible to come into the Library to receive a prize. By earning 35 points, they will complete the program and get their final prize!
- Prizes are available for pickup anytime after the program start date of June 21st once a child has reached a 7 point milestone.
- Grand raffle prizes are available by….
Local support is provided by the Friends of the Newport Public Library and the City of Newport.