ParentTV offers a variety of on-demand videos to support those who care for toddlers and preschoolers. Get reliable advice from the world’s leading parenting and educational experts (learn more about them here: https://parenttv.com/experts). Find videos on general parenting, play, behavior, child development, mental health, sleep, nutrition and technology. All videos are under 10 minutes in length and can be accessed on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Simply log in with your Newport Public Library barcode and PIN and you are ready to watch and learn!
Check out this sample video!
- Back 2 School Rhode Island
- Newport Public Schools
- Rhode Island Department of Education
- United States Department of Education
- Head Start Rhode Island
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center (Preschool, After School Academy, and Summer Camp)
- ENRICHri: (this resource is a great place to get started)
- The American Academy’s Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling
- Rhode Island Department of Education – Homeschooling
- A to Z Home’s Cool Homeschooling Website
- Home School Legal Defense Association
- Rhode Island Guild of Home Teachers (RIGHT)
- Homeschool.com – The No. 1 Homeschooling site
- Successful Homeschooling
- Rhode Island Homeschoolers Facebook Group
Great Resources for Parents
- Tutor.com – Connect with a tutor live in a variety of subjects.
- Reading Rockets – Tips for supporting reading at home
- OPEN – Tools for Creating an Active Home
- Power up! – Apps for Kids with Special Needs and Learning Differences
- Verywell Health – How to calm a child with autism
- Wikilawn – Create a sensory safe yard for children with special needs
ABCmouse @ The Library
With 3,500+ interactive books, educational games, puzzles, and other learning activities, ABCmouse’s award-winning online curriculum is an invaluable resource for young learners (ages 2-6+). From Age of Learning, Inc.
The Children’s Department is happy to work with parents and homeschoolers to find books and other resources. Please do not hesitate to call us (401-847-8720, x204) or email [email protected] to discuss how we can help you.