June 26 – August 11
Participating online? Log in using Beanstack and record your activities there! Please log your activities either entirely online, or entirely in person, not both.
On how to use the mobile app version of Beanstack, watch this tutorial put together by Miss Shannon.
Activities to enjoy all summer long at the Library:
- Escape Room Kits: Check out an escape room kit with one of our new stories! Click here to see if there is one available today.
- Kit 1: Find the Garden Fairies! All the plants in your garden have the same mysterious illness! The only way to save them is with the help of magic fairy dust. But, you have to follow the fairies’ trail first! Can you find the fairies and save your garden?
- Kit 2: Escape Wonderland! Players try to escape Wonderland and….keep their heads!
- I Spy (throughout department): Each week we change the location of things you need to find and you can receive a prize!
- Spot It (tabletop): We will have a Spot It challenge and you will have to find different things on it each week! This activity is sponsored by the Friends of the Newport Public Library.
- Funky Flora Tournament: What’s weirder: a plant that eats bugs or a flower that smells like a landfill? A rainbow tree or a ghostly white plant? You decide! Vote between pairs of the world’s weirdest plants each week until one is crowned the funkiest flora!
Summer Reading is for the whole family!
Teens can check out our Teen Summer Reading Program!
Parents can join in on the fun with our
Adult Summer Reading Program!
Local support is provided by the Newport Public Library, the Friends of the Newport Public Library and the City of Newport.